ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The CWC Soccer Club has Trainers and Parent Managers.
Our trainers are professional coaches who we pay to train our players and run our matches, including substitutions and lineups.
Parent Managers are not coaches. We pay for professional trainers, so you don't have to worry about that! PMs are volunteers who manage the administration of the team.
- Printing a roster for each game
- Keeper of the player cards
- Paying the ref's each game (we provide that to you)
- Communicating with the opposing teams around: home/away jerseys, where to park, bathrooms, bleachers, rescheduling rainouts
- Communicating with the parents on the team about rainouts, practices, etc
- Recording final scores in the league software
No soccer experience needed, but some technical experience helps.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS TO BE A PARENT MANAGER
Coaching License (Required by NJYS)
A coach must submit proof of completion for an acceptable coaching education course. This is not an annual requirement. Click here for a list of acceptable coaching education courses.
A coach must submit proof of completion for a SafeSport course taken within the same calendar year in which the application was made. This is an annual requirement.
A coach must submit proof of completion for an acceptable concussion education course. This is not an annual requirement. Click here to take the CDC Heads Up! Course.
The following are verified by NJYS:
Background Check (Travel Coaches): A coach must have a background check before they can be assigned to a team. This is an annual requirement. Click here to view the instructions for a state platform background check or click here for instruction on a club platform background check.